DEADLINES = ACHIEVEMENT

At one time or another, especially through our childhood years, we all had dreams. Dreams filled our young imaginations with awe and excitement. Now that we are older, our dreams stay in the back of our minds and are not an actualized part of our lives. But why is this so often the case? Why is it that so many of us fail to have our dreams materialize? The answer lies in deadlines. You have heard it before: Goals are dreams with a deadline. It is one thing to say to yourself, “One day, I am going to have a lean and healthy body.” After all, this is just a dream—there is no pressure to actually do anything about it. It is quite another thing to say, “In three months, I am going to have 15 percent body fat and a 28-inch waist.”

Deadlines are perhaps the single most effective method of increasing productivity. Who hasn’t put something off until the last possible minute only to complete the required task in a flurry of sudden productivity? This is the power of positive pressure through the use of deadlines. Once you attach a deadline to your dream of getting in shape, improving your health, or breaking a habit, you have transformed your dream into a goal.


  • I will achieve my outcome goal #1 by __________.
  • I will achieve my behavior goal 1a by  __________ .
  • I will achieve my behavior goal 1b by  __________ .
  • I will achieve my outcome goal #2 by  __________ .
  • I will achieve my behavior goal 2a by  __________ .
  • I will achieve my behavior goal 2b by  __________ .
  • I will achieve my outcome goal #3 by  __________ .
  • I will achieve my behavior goal 3a by  __________ .
  • I will achieve my behavior goal 3b by  __________ .

No comments:

Post a Comment