QUESTIONS CREATE DESIRE

Do you value your health? Do you value your physical body? You’ve bought this book, so of course you do. Now, ask yourself why do you value your health? Why do you value your body? What would it feel like if you did not have the health you enjoy today? How would you feel if you had decreased mobility? Have you ever stopped to think about this? Anyone who has ever visited or cared for people who are losing their health
has experienced a heightened appreciation of their own well-being, mobility, health, and vitality.

Acknowledging the reasons why you value your body and health will help create the leverage necessary to support you in the achievement of your goals. Ask yourself the following questions in order to help find your 
reasons:

Am I happy with myself?
Do I want a better life for myself?
What will my health be like in one year if I do not make any changes?
What will my body and health be like in five years if I do not make any
changes?
Do I love myself?
Am I proud of who I am?
Why do I want to change?
How will I feel once I make the changes I desire?
What will my life be like once I have achieved my goals?
What will it feel like to have the body and health I have envisioned for myself?

Your answers to these questions contain powerful reasons for achieving your goals. Once you have identified these reasons, you will have given your goals strong support or “legs” on which to stand on. Next, I want you to write these reasons down in a notebook or wallet card together with your goals. Whenever you feel like binge eating, skipping workouts, or quitting all together, reread what you have written. The more you do this, the more often you will reinforce your positive, goal-achieving behavior, and the easier it will become for you. As a matter of fact, after a while it will become a part of your very being.

No comments:

Post a Comment