The single biggest factor when determining whether a person will be successful lies in that person’s ability to decide on exactly what it is that he or she wants. In other words, the biggest step to getting yourself into great shape or vibrant health is simply making up your mind and acting accordingly. When you make the decision that you will no longer accept your current body, life, or health, you have taken the crucial first step toward improving your life. The person you are today is the result of all the decisions you have made in your life up to this moment. Everything begins with a committed decision: It is not your destiny to always be overweight, to feel like your life is in limbo, or that you cannot get a break. If you are feeling this way, you simply have not made a committed decision to becoming who you really want to be. If you are not absolutely convinced that you need to make a change, then you might as well stop reading right now. Transforming your body and health will require total commitment and effort, and if you have not made the decision to stick with this program, you will probably fail. It is important to tell yourself that no matter what obstacles get in your way, you will remain totally committed to achieving your goal. Once you have this conviction, simply do the work required to get there. The world gets behind the woman or man with a plan. It is truly amazing. Once you decide what it is you want, the entire universe conspires to bring it to pass.

In a famous 1953 Harvard University study, researchers discovered that 3 percent of graduating students wrote down their fiscal goals for the future. Twenty years later, this class was revisited. The 3 percent who had written down their goals were worth more financially than the other 97 percent combined.

Goals are specific, measurable results that you would like to achieve at a determined time in the future. Goal setting is a proven and powerful success technique and it is crucial to directing your energy toward the tasks you wish to accomplish. Once you make the decision to set and achieve small goals, you will start to set bigger goals. Before you know it, you will be doing things you had never dreamed possible. Achieving goals creates an attitude of optimism, and the optimistic mind is a fertile ground for new opportunities. When you are positive and optimistic, you will attract more of the same into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment